6 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Contact Us
General Contact Information
Sunflowers
Sunflowers

Amenities

Drinking fountains Art in the Park

About

Prefontaine Place is a small park with a fountain, across the street from City Hall Park.

Prefontaine Place was originally known as Yesler Triangle and was deeded by Yesler to the city for a library. However, the library board found the triangle to be too small for its purposes and deeded to land to the city in 1912. In 1925, the city chose to build a small park, funded with $5,000 left to the city "for a fountain in a public square" by Father Prefontaine, founder of the first Catholic Church in the area.

For more information on City Hall Park and Vicinity refer to the City Hall Park and Vicinity website