Finding a Lawyer

Where can I get legal advice if I cannot afford an attorney?

If the matter is CRIMINAL in nature and to see whether you qualify for having a public defender appointed, call:

Seattle Municipal Court Indigent Screening Program at (206) 733-9753.

You may also call:

Department of Public Defense
(206) 296-7662

The Public Defender Association
(206) 447-3900

Here are some other helpful resources:

Northwest Justice Project
(206) 464-1519

If the matter is CIVIL in nature, you may call one of the following numbers:

Columbia Legal Services
(206) 464-5911

Neighborhood Legal Clinics
(206) 340-2593, Tuesday through Thursday, 9:00-12:00 noon.

Lawyer Referral Service
(206) 267-7010

Legal Voice (formerly Northwest Women's Law Center)
(206) 682-9552

Northwest Justice Project
(206) 464-1519

City Attorney

Ann Davison, City Attorney
Address: 701 Fifth Avenue, Suite 2050 , Seattle , WA , 98104-7095
Mailing Address: 701 Fifth Avenue, Suite 2050 , Seattle , WA , 98104-7095
Phone: (206) 684-8200
Contact City Attorney

Newsletter Updates


Sign up for the latest updates from City Attorney

The City Attorney heads the Law Department and is responsible for supervising all City litigation. In addition, the City Attorney supervises a staff of Assistant City Attorneys who provide legal advice and assistance to the City's management and prosecute violations of City ordinances.